Wednesday, June 24, 2009

The number gods have smiled on me

Although I've lived in Atlanta for 10 years, last year was the first time I've ever ran the Peachtree Road Race. It just never appealed to me. Too many people, too hot, cardiac hill, entry drawing, etc. However last year when I learned that since the company I work for is a sponsor we have guarantee entry, I thought why not. To be honest it was the suckiest, hottest 6 miles I could have run but when it was over I couldn't wait to do it again. Seriously for the first mile you had to concentrate on not running into people, there's that many people! Runners are divided into 9 starting groups. 9! When last years packet arrived this was my number
Back of the pack. The race starts at 7:30. I promise you I didn't start running to 9:30! However, when this year's packet arrived last week, or maybe the week before (lazy blogger) this is what I saw
Sweet Jesus, middle of the pack! Start time 7:59am! Woo Hoo!



No comments: