Thursday, October 16, 2008

Running School


Yesterday I got this email

Dear Ann,

Welcome to Wellness Works - a monthly email to help you live a healthy, active lifestyle all year round. Distributed each month to all Kaiser Permanente Corporate Run/Walk participants, Wellness Works will keep you motivated and help you live well and thrive in 2008 and beyond!

Join us at one of these upcoming Events
from Jeff Galloway

* Our next session of
Running-Getting Started begins on Monday, Oct 20, 6PM at the Galloway School (near Chastain Park). This 12 week program is an introduction to running with lots of walking. Even if you've never run or walked consistently in your life, Getting Started will show you how to get started and stay motivated.
* Jeff Galloway's
Running School will give you a plan for staying motivated after KP's fitness program and to make health and fitness a priority year-round. This small group session will include these topics and more: Motivation, FatBurning, Running/Walking Until You're 100, Selecting a Realistic Goal and Training For It, plus plenty of Q&A time. WHEN: Saturday, November 22, 7AM-10AM. WHERE: Phidippides Sandy Springs. SPECICAL PRICE FOR KP Run/Walk Participants: $49.50 (a 50% discount). For all levels of runners and walkers including beginners.
Have a great month, Jeff Galloway, Race Director KP Corporate Run/Walk
Live Healthy Georgia Kaiser Permanente

$49.50!!!! The email states that's a 50% discount which is not true. The actual price is $189. I know because I've looked into it before since I live in the Atlanta area. But honestly I am too cheap for $189.00. So what could I do but sign up. I am if nothing else thrifty and I couldn't let a savings of $139.50 pass me up. Oh yeah and it could make me a better runner.


Here's what is said on the website about the Running School

At this highly motivating class taught by Jeff, he gives you the information you need to reach your goals. Jeff's school offers a unique system of elements that has reduced injury rate down to almost zero, with a very high rate of success. You’ll receive an individualized running form evaluation and priority email access to Jeff, after the class. The format allows everyone to ask questions at any time, so each can get the individual info needed.

I'll be sure to report back. I hope I don't find myself thinking what the heck am I doing awake at 7:00am on a Saturday in the cold with these crazy running people...

No comments: