Friday, September 4, 2009

Fear of Commitment

Why I'll never really be a long distance runner - time commitment. It's not that I am too busy, although I am busy. It's the anxiety of knowing that I will need to spend the next hour or two running rather than cleaning, doing laundry, getting to work, sitting on my butt watching tv, or just being accessible to the world at large who may need something at any given minute. An hour, that's all I have to give. That's my time threshold. I'd love to change it and I hope to chip away at it because everyone should be able to dedicate time for themselves to do the thing they love.

With the Women's Nike Half quickly approaching next month I am not feeling so great about this time issue I am having. I hope to do better with this weekend's long run, because the last two weekends there were no long runs. Wish me luck...

1 comment:

Southbaygirl said...

I hope you got your long run in this weekend!!! You'll find the time-you might have to pick one day that you dedicate to your long run, which I think you should!!! Maybe sunday morning-pick 6-8am that is all yours!!