Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Training or Slacking?

Yesterday, I started training for the Gate River Run 15K in March. I ran the plan from Runner's World based on the time of my last 5k, currently running 6-10 miles a week training moderately (read: slacker tendencies)

Much to my joy, here is week 1's training plan:
Mon -Easy RunDist: 2mi@11:39
Tues -Rest/ XT
Wed - Easy RunDist: 2mi@11:39
Thurs -Rest/ XT
Fri - Rest/ XT
Sat - Easy RunDist: 2mi@11:39
Week Toatl - 6 miles

I ran my two miles yesterday at 10:23 pace and was damn happy to hit the 2 mile mark. Hope that's not a bad omen.

I'll post more about my training and the upcoming race as it will be a girls weekend with one not yet runner, one "I am only running this to get a guy's attention, and myself.

1 comment:

Southbaygirl said...

I wonder does the "running to get a guy's attention" really work??

Nice start to your training!