Monday, September 8, 2008

Back in the Saddle

I woke with great joy on Sunday realizing that there was no pain in my shin. Yeah. I wondered was this too good to be true? In order not to jinx myself I did not attempt to run yesterday, I waited till this morning. After 35 painful sweat soaked minutes on the elliptical I couldn't take it any longer and I had to run, run free. The run was only 15 minutes and there was just a hint of tenderness in my shin but I was running, running happy. Afterwards, I thought "so this is the way it's going to be"? I am starting over, having to slowly build distance. Distance, sounds funny to think of having to build back up to 3 miles as distance. But that's exactly what I need to have done by the 25th for the Kaiser Corporate 5K. But hey I am not complaining - I am the happy runner. Maybe tomorrow I'll aim for 16 minutes...

No comments: