Friday, September 5, 2008

Shin Saga

I managed not to run all last week and most of this week. But come Thursday I had all could take of 45 minutes on the elliptical. After my mandatory 30/35 minutes on the elliptical I ran 10 minutes yesterday and 6 minutes today. Certainly not earth shattering, doesn't even count as a run. That's just a warm up and I had to ice my shin. I know I am short on patience but this has been the deal since July 4th. Panic started to take over when I realized the amount of time that has gone by since I've really been able to run, and run pain free. What happens now, am I destined to hang up my rooming shoes and become a mall walker? Will I totally embarrass myself at the Kaiser Corporate Challenge on the 25th in front of my co-workers? Am a destined to become a slave to the elliptical machine?

No comments: