Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Running and Life

Over the past weekend I had the opportunity to visit with my "ex family" in Huntsville. I was looking forward to the catching up with everyone and the opportunity to run some place a little flatter than my normal surroundings.

This would be the first time I'd run outside for quite sometime and was I was anxious to see how it would feel. With the Kaiser Corporate Challendge less than a week away I was hoping 3 miles would come easy.

The Sunday morning weather was great and the coarse was relatively flat. I did an out and back. On the way back I was starting to feel a little fatigue but I was enjoying it. I realized this is the same feeling I get when I return home to visit my parents and run. That feeling of being strong, of overcoming obstacles. My memories of Huntsville are mostly good but also include a very dark and sad time for me. With every step I seemed to say look at me now, you didn't beat me, look what I've accomplished, I can tackle anything and come out a winner.

No comments: